Businesses looking to create or update mobile applications often need apps for all operating systems, including iOS and Android. Bastion Rare mobile designers use the Xamarin platform to maintain code, user interface (UI), user experience (UX), and test across these various mobile application platforms so that each app is up to date, consistent with others, and developed efficiently.
We value uniformity with brand identity and efficacy in carrying out our work. Xamarin allows us to achieve this and more, including the following benefits:
- Bastion Rare designers can share up to 80-90 percent of our applications across iOS and Android platforms, avoiding the need for unnecessary duplicated work. Shared code can decrease development costs and time to market for mobile developers.
- We write code in a single language or reuse existing code while achieving consistency in performance, look, and feel on each platform.
- Code is written in C#, a modern language construct that includes significant improvements over Objective C and Java, including dynamic language features, functional constructs such as lambdas, LINQ, parallel programming, generics, and more.
- Fewer runtime errors occur because of strongly-typed bindings.
- The use of Visual Studio that includes features like code auto completion, a sophisticated project and solution management system, a comprehensive project template library, integrated source control, and more.
UI should be consistent across Android, iOS and Windows platforms, allowing for uniformity in branding, look and usability. Xamarin is an incredible, modern tool for our mobile developers that build apps for multiple operation systems for medium to large organizations.